Allotments are small areas of land that have been set aside for cultivation by renting tenants. Allotment gardens provide a wide range of benefits to the community and the environment. They are not just important for low cost food production, they also provide a valuable recreational opportunity involving healthy activities and social interaction that can become a way of life for many people. Nothing is as rewarding as growing your own fresh fruit, vegetables and flowers. Our allotment service manages a range of sites along with the Parish/Town councils. Many allotment sites are popular and in some cases have a waiting list. For any further information regarding the availability of any of the allotment plots, use the contact details listed below.
Our allotment sites
Below is a list of our allotment sites:
- Grove Road, Wroxall
- Dovecotes, Merstone
- Fort Mews, Sandown
- Hyde Destructor, Shanklin
- Long Meadow, Westhill Road, Shanklin
- Barn Ground, Lake
Rental for these allotments is billed yearly on the first Monday of September from our Customer Account Services. For any queries relating to these please send us a message.
Town/Parish Councils and other associations managed allotment sites
Below is a list of allotment sites managed by either the Town/Parish Councils and other associations:
- Ryde Town Council. For more information call 01983 811105.
- Alfred Street, Ryde
- Uplands Road, Haylands
- Quarry Road, Ryde
- Marlborough Road, Ryde
- Mayfield Road, Ryde
- Newport Parish Council. For more information call 01983 559119.
- Old Pan, Newport
- Hillside Quay Harbour, Newport
- Clatterford Road, Carisbrooke
- Castle Road, Carisbrooke
- Field House, Carisbrooke
- Miller Lane, Carisbrooke
- Brading Town Council. For more information call 01983 401770
- Nettlestone & Seaview Parish Council. For more information call 01983 562257.
- Alvington Road, Newport. Managed by an association. Details are displayed on the allotment site.
- Moorgreen Road, Cowes. Managed by an association. Email email@example.com for further details.
- Vectis Road, East Cowes. Managed by Vectis Association. For more information visit the Vectis Association website.
- St Boniface Fields. Managed by Ventnor Town Council. For more information email Alison@ventnortowncouncil.org.uk