Isle of Wight Council

Licence - Pleasure Boats

Frequently Asked Questions for this Service

Question: What is a Boatman Licence?

Answer: 'Boatman' refers to a person or operators who wish to hire out boats or crafts. There are two types of licence that can be obtained; 'Restricted Licence' - which applies only to persons on the shore or pier and 'Full Boatmans Licence' - which applies to persons in charge and navigation of pleasure boats, craft or vessels to be let for hire or be used for carrying passengers for hire.

Application forms for boat licensing can be found via the related link - Related Link

Has this FAQ answered your query?

Question: I provide jet-skis for hire. Do I need a licence?

Answer: Yes, you require a 'Fleet Licence'. You can apply online via the related link, or can obtain an application form by ringing the licensing department on 01983 823159 - Related Link

Has this FAQ answered your query?