Local Land Charges


Search Fees with effect from 1 January 2017

Standard Search Fee

  • Sent in via DX, post or email  -  £170.20*

Payment can be made by BACS, cheque or credit/debit card. 

To enquire further about payment methods, please either telephone us using the number in the 'Contact' tab above and ask for Local Land Charges or send us an email by clicking on the 'Send a message to service' tab which can also be found in the 'Contact' tab above.

If paying by cheque please send all relevant paperwork, together with the relevant payment, to the Local Land Charges Section, County Hall, Newport, Isle of Wight, PO30 1UD.

Electronic Search Fee

  • Sent in via National Land Information Service (NLIS) or TM Search Choice Ltd (TM)** -  £126.20*

**NLIS/TM may also add an administrative fee for use of their service.

Additional Fees

  • Optional enquiries (Con 29O) sent with Search (each) - £13.20*


There is no charge for Optional Enquiry 8 Pipelines as the Isle of Wight Council does not have access to this information.

All requests for maps and plant location information must now be submitted through an online service.

Please visit sgn.co.uk/ for safety information and links to linesearchbeforeudig.co.uk/ where you can register for their online service and view their gas pipe locations.

Please note: Optional enquiries sent separately incur an additional £13.20* administrative fee

  •  View Component Data Fees (PDF, 13.40KB, 1 Page)
  • Additional Written Questions (each) - £19.20*
  • Additional parcels of land (each but maximum of 13) - £18.80*
  • Search of the Local Land Charges Register only (LLC1) - £19.00
  • NLIS/TM search of Local Land Charges Register only (LLC1) - £17.00

*Prices include 20% VAT on the Con 29 element of the search.

Data Access Fees

View the fees under the 2008 Regulations for Personal Searches (PDF, 38.20KB, 1 page).

Document Copies

Copies of Legal Agreements can be obtained from the Legal Department, please telephone 01983 821000 and ask for Legal.

Copies of Planning Permissions can be obtained from the Planning Department,  view the departments contact details .

Historic Planning References Maps are now available on-line .