Property Services - Building Management (Shared Services)

Frequently Asked Questions for this Service

Question: Who is responsible for the maintenance of properties owned by The Isle of Wight Council?

Answer: Property Services arrange for any maintenance work to be carried out on properties owned by the Isle of Wight Council.

Some property related responsibilities have been delegated to the school Governing Body. In the first instance a school property enquiry should be referred to the head teacher who will then deal with the matter appropriately.

When reporting a maintenance enquiry please give as much information as possible e.g. name of building.

Has this FAQ answered your query?

Question: How do I report travellers who are on Council Owned Land?

Answer: Please inform Property Services if you believe that there are travellers on Council owned land on 823290 or

Has this FAQ answered your query?

Question: How do I find out if the Council owns a piece of land?

Answer: A list of Council owned property assets can be found at 'Transparency - Our Assets'.

Alternatively please put the request in writing along with a plan of where the land is to Corporate Estate Management, Shared Service Centre, C/O County Hall, High Street, Newport, Isle of Wight, PO30 1UD.

Has this FAQ answered your query?