The Isle of Wight Travel Network
The Isle of Wight Travel Network aims to help Island businesses improve the health of the workforce and reduces the overall carbon foot print of organisations. It gives Island businesses the tools they need to support their employees to travel more sustainably. Employers and employees can benefit from specialised support and advice on all aspects of travel planning.
It is delivered by our partners, SYSTRA, the project can provide a variety of tailored services and solutions. Services include:
- Development of business travel plans, identifying staff journeys and alternative sustainable transport options.
- Access to a grant scheme to encourage cycling in the workplace.
- One-to-one support and advice for employees and management.
- Delivery of onsite events to encourage staff to travel sustainably.
If you are a business and would like to get involved, please visit the: Isle of Wight Travel Network website.
Connect to Work
Job seekers and apprentices can travel more affordably and sustainably by signing up to the ‘Connect to Work’ project, delivered by council partners SYSTRA.
The scheme gives access to a range of offers, the majority of which are free and include:
- Money off voucher towards cycle purchase/maintenance.
- Cycle maintenance workshops.
- Cycle skills course.
- Bus travel discounts for apprentices.
- Travel information and guidance sessions.
If you are an apprentice or job seeker at Ryde Job Centre Plus, Isle of Wight College and HTP Training College and you think you may be eligible for this project you should speak directly to your work coach, assessor or training consultant about the options available to you.
More information on this project can be found on the Connect to Work website.
Please note: The project will be rolled out more widely across Island organisations in due course.