Supporting People

Information for Service Users

Supporting People Logo

Supporting People services provide housing related support. These services are for people in the community who are homeless or at risk of homelessness. Details of these services are on the About Supporting People' web page.

If you feel you need housing related support you should talk to your care manager, mental health worker or housing services. 

This person will decide if housing related support is needed and will complete a referral form with you.

The referral and assessment form contains information from you that is given to the provider of housing related support. They will use this information to determine if you will be suitable for their service. 

A referral for support in the community will be added to a waiting list which managed by the Supporting People Team. The support is free of charge and is paid by the Isle of Wight Council to the support provider