Accessing and searching for Supporting People services
The Isle of Wight Supporting People directory of services, is called SPOCC (Supporting People Oxford Computer Consultants) and can be found on our SPOCC.net page. It will help you search for information about the services available on the Island and will provide you with details about where the service is, who it caters for and the type of support that it can provide.
To search for services, follow the guidance below:
- Click on Access SPOCC.net to go to the SPOCC homepage.
- Click on 'search for services'. You can search by different criteria depending on what sort of service you are looking for.
- If you want to bring up a list of all the services available on the Island that have spaces available then you can leave all the boxes blank and simply click 'search'.
- To include services that have no available spaces tick the box labelled 'Include services with no available spaces', this should then show all services that we have listed.
- To search using specific criteria just select your options from the drop down boxes available.
- If you know the name of the particular service or organisation you are looking for you can enter it in the relevant box.
- When you have a list of search results you can click on the name of a service to view more information about that service such as contact information, client groups and support tasks.
Please note: There are sometimes delays with the correct recording of the number of clients within a service; this can affect the figure that states how many places the service currently has available. It is advisable to contact a service directly to find out whether they have any current availability.
If you have any questions about using the system, or believe there are any errors or omissions in the data held, please contact the Supporting People team using the 'Contact' tab above where you can either telephone or send an email by using the 'Send a Message' tab.