2022 Opening Times
- April, May, June - Mon, Weds and Fri: 10.30am to 2.30pm (last entry)
- July and August - Mon to Sat: 10.30am to 2.30pm (last entry)
- September - Mon, Weds and Fri: 10.30am to 2.30pm (last entry)
Easter Holiday Activity Day
As part of the Isle of Wight Children's Festival, Newport Roman Villa will be open from 10am to 2pm on Friday 22 April for the discounted admission price of £1 per person.
Explore this beautifully preserved Roman house, find out more about Roman life, bathing, building and dining. With activities for families including a discovery trail and activities to take away.
Please note: We have limited ability to take payment by cards so please allow a little extra time if you need to pay in this way.
|Students (with ID)
|Family (2 adults, 2 children)
|Children (5-17 years)
|Children (under 5 years)
We have limited facilities to take payment by card so please allow a little extra time if you need to pay in this way.
Newport Roman Villa is easily accessible by foot, bus and bike and visitors arriving by bicycle or showing the Southern Vectis app on their phone will receive 20% off admission prices.
Newport Roman Villa has been described as a ‘hidden gem’, the site is tucked away in a residential area of Newport. For map and full address see our Contact page.
- Foot – Newport Roman Villa is a flat 10 minute walk from the centre of Newport. Follow the brown signs from Church Litten.
- Bus – Newport Roman villa is less than 10 minutes’ walk from the central bus station in Newport and the local service No. 38 (Newport-Carisbrooke-Newport) stops at the end of Cypress road (2 mins walk). Visit the Southern Vectis website for more information about bus travel on the Isle of Wight.
- Bicycle – Newport Roman Villa is just minutes away from the scenic Newport to Sandown cycle track (exit at Shide). There is a cycle parking unit at the front of the Villa to enable you to secure your bicycle during your visit. Find out more about cycling on the Isle of Wight on the Visit Isle of Wight website.
- Car – There are no parking restrictions on Cypress Road and drivers will usually be able to find parking in this or one of the adjacent residential roads. Alternatively there is a Pay & Display car park on Medina Avenue (less than 5 mins walk, follow the brown signs to the Villa) or several other car parking options a short walk away in central Newport.
Schools and Groups
School and group bookings are taken throughout the year. Please contact us for further information by telephoning 01983 823433.
Newport Roman Villa is partially accessible to wheelchair users. Most of the site can be accessed, including the Roman Garden, bath suite, and exhibition of artefacts. Unfortunately we do not have an accessible toilet on site.
You can also take a 360° virtual tour of the villa on Google Maps.
You are welcome to contact us prior to your visit for further information or to discuss your needs.
“Excellent descriptive displays”
“Really good fun, and educational!”
“A hidden gem … Totally fascinating and well worth a visit.”
Read more on Trip Advisor and Google Reviews. If you’ve visited – please leave us a review.