Welcome to our online eMagazines service
Enjoy your favourite magazines on your computer, smartphone or tablet device. There is a wide variety of magazine to choose from, including news, hobby, sport and lifestyle magazines. Further magazines are also available via PressReader, our online eNewspaper service, so in order to benefit from the full range of available titles, you will need to follow the instructions in both sections below.
- Free to all library members.
- Available 24/7.
- Download and read offline.
- Various popular eMagazines to choose from.
- Dedicated Apple and Android apps.
Accessing eMagazines and Graphic Novels through the Libby app
You will need an Isle of Wight library card to access this service. If you haven't got a library card, you can join in any library, or join online on the library website. If you don't know your PIN, contact any library or phone Library HQ on (01983) 823824 during normal office hours.
Download the Libby app from your usual app store, and then install it
When the installation is complete, click Open
Say "yes" when asked if you have a library card
Type "Isle of Wight" and wait until the app finds Isle of Wight Libraries. Select this by pressing on its name.
When prompted, add your library card number and then your PIN.
Press "sign in" and you are now signed in to the Libby app and can use it to borrow and read magazines.
You can search for magazine by title, or else browse the selection. When you borrow a magazine, it will be downloaded to your device and you can keep it for up to 3 weeks. Magazines are automatically returned after three weeks, but you can return them earlier if you wish.
If you any problems with the app while using it, click on the Libby icon in the middle of the bottom of the screen then select "Get some help."
Accessing magazines through PressReader
PressReader, our online newspaper service, also offers a wide range of magazines from across the world, including Vogue, Empire, Focus, Gardener’s World, Closer and thousands of others.
If you are accessing the PressReader website from one of the public computers in the library, it will recognise that you are an Isle of Wight Library customer and allow you to access the full range of magazines and newspapers without any further logging in.
To use the service when away from the library:
- Either need to download the PressReader app from your usual app store, or go to the PressReader website
- On the website: Click "sign in", then select "library and group." Search for Isle of Wight Libraries, select it, then sign in, using your library card number and PIN
- On the app: Press "sign in" and select the library card icon. Search for Isle of Wight Libraries, select it, then sign in using your library card number and PIN
- Once you are logged, you will stay signed in for 30 days. After thirty days simply log in again with your library membership card number.
- You can read newspapers and magazines online, but there is also a download option for magazines, allowing you to read them offline.
For more information on how to use the e-newspaper service, select the following link to download the PressReader User Guide. (PDF, 362KB, 1 page).
Please Note: The image provided on this page has been supplied and are copyright of ‘W F Howes’.