Isle of Wight Council

Licensing - Street Trading & Charitable Collections

House to House Collections

House to House Collections

A person intending to hold a collection of money (or articles for sale or use) by means of visits from house to house (including business premises) where the proceeds are for charitable purposes will require a house to house collection permit issued by Isle of Wight Council.

There are no restrictions on the allocation of dates for house to house collections, nor on the length of the collection (provided it is less than one calendar year). Many collections are carried out by regional or national charitable organisations who often book their collections well in advance, under the authority of a Home Office exemption.  

After the collection has been held, a return form, signed by an accountant, detailing the amount collected and any expenses incurred, needs to be submitted to the council within one month. The relevant return form will be sent when your permit is issued.


No fee is payable

Apply for a House to House Collection Permit

Please complete an application (PDF, 128KB, 3 pages) and return to the Licensing Department.

Public Register

View the public register of existing licences, consents, permits and registrations.

Further Information

If you require further clarification contact the Licensing Department by phone or email using the details in the 'Contact' tab above.