Order a death certificate
How to order a death certificate
To order a death certificate (including copies or historic death certificates) you will need to provide the following:
- full name and surname of the deceased at the time of death
- whether the deceased had been known by any other name
- date of death (or year)
- place of death – hospital, town, or district.
There are three delivery options:
- second class post within 15 working days at £11.00 per certificate
- priority first class within 24 hours (Monday to Friday, excludes public holidays) at £35.00 per certificate
- collection from Isle of Wight Register Office, Seaclose Offices, Fairlee Road, Newport, PO30 2QS.
Delivery is by second class post within 15 working days at £11.00 per certificate.
Payment is via debit or credit card.