Local Economic Development Plan
Our plan for growth sets out the Isle of Wight's key priorities for developing the local economy. The Plan covers the three year period to 2021 and is aligned with the Wider Solent Strategic Economic Plan with the ultimate aim of narrowing the gap in economic performance of the Island and the 'mainland'.
View the Economic Development Plan Executive Summary 2019-2021. (PDF, 742 KB, 13 pages).
Foreword by the Leader
"Our Plan for Growth over the next three years is both innovative and ambitious, and seeks to deliver a clear message that Isle of Wight is ready to do business. Supporting economic development and investment is a clear priority in our Corporate Plan, where ‘Delivering economic growth and prosperity’ is a key strategic theme.
The Corporate Plan also includes a number of outcomes relevant to this plan.
• Business have confidence to invest in the Isle of Wight
• Support and stimulate sustainable economic growth
• A well-educated and skilled community
• The Isle of Wight is a leading UK visitor destination
• Outstanding digital and transport connectivity
This plan will enable economic growth, sectoral diversification, employability and skills, regeneration, infrastructure investment and connectivity across the Isle of Wight.”
Dave Stewart, Leader of the Council
- Visit the Solent Local Enterprise Partnership website.
- View the Corporate Plan 2021 - 2025 (PDF, 526 KB, 34 pages).