Working at elections

In the run up to an election, our Returning Officer will need to recruit temporary staff. These temporary posts are for fixed or variable hours, and usually last for one day.

You can download a brief description of each job type by selecting the job role from the list below:

If you would like to be considered for one of these positions, please apply.

If a suitable position is available we will contact you.

All new employees will be required to demonstrate their entitlement to live and work in the United Kingdom. When you are appointed to a position you will be required to produce one of the following:

A valid passport.
A full birth certificate issued in the UK, Channel Islands, Isle of Man or Ireland. Accompanied by an official document giving the applicants permanent national insurance number.
A residence permit, registration certificate or document certifying or indicating permanent residence.

Other forms of entitlement may be acceptable. Please use the Contact Us section to get in touch or view the government information on UK Visas and Immigration.

Download the pay structure for staff working at elections (PDF, 241KB) across Hampshire and the Isle of Wight.