The Warmer Homes programme
What is the Warmer Homes programme?
The Warmer Homes programme also called HUG2 is an energy efficiency programme that can provide a range of fully-funded energy efficiency improvements for your home.
Do I qualify for HUG2?
You may qualify for the funding if the following apply:
- Your home has an EPC rating of D, E, F or G (you can check your home’s EPC rating here: www.gov.uk/find-energy-certificate)
- You have a total household annual income of £31,000 or less (before housing costs/bills)
- You have a total household annual income of £20,000 or less after housing costs (mortgage/rent and council tax)
You receive a means-tested benefit:
- Child Tax Credits (CTC)
- Housing Benefit
- Income based Jobseekers allowance (JSA)
- Income related Employment & Support Allowance (ESA)
- Income Support (IS)
- Pension Credit Guarantee Credit
- Working Tax Credit (WTC)
- Pension Credit Savings Credit
- Universal Credit (UC)
- Your home is within an LSOA (Lower Super Output Area) 1-3 postcode area (we will verify this for you once you have made your application)
How to find out more and apply for the Warmer Homes programme:
Great British Insulation Scheme
Families in lower council tax bands with less energy efficient homes that don't qualify for the ECO4 scheme may still be eligible for an upgrade like roof, loft or cavity insulation. You can use the online checker for the Great British Insulation Scheme to find out if you are eligible.