Appeal an enforcement notice

If an enforcement notice has been served on you, you can appeal against this notice.  An enforcement notice can be served on people who have built something without the required permissions. A notice could:

  • stop or prevent an activity
  • request the removal of an unauthorised building or extension.
If you have received an enforcement notice you can appeal to the Planning Inspectorate. Any appeal must be received by the Secretary of State before the date specified in the notice. The government website provides further information on how to appeal an enforcement notice.