An online application form is not available for the vacancy.
A downloadable application form is not available for this vacancy.
Deputy Headteacher Ref 50062090
Broadlea Primary School, Newport Road, Sandown
L10 – L14 £52,723.00 - £58,135.00
Vacancy Reference: 50062090
Closing Date: 07/05/2021
Hours: Full Time
Required for: September 2021
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an effective and enthusiastic leader who has the knowledge, skills and energy to work in partnership with the head teacher, and extended leadership team, to build on our successes and continue to drive improvement across the school towards an Ofsted judgment of good, and beyond.
We aspire to create strong and effective leaders supported through whole school and personal CPD. The previous postholder has secured her own Headteacher position and we now look for another inspirational Deputy Head to continue this journey with us.
You must have a comprehensive understanding of primary practice and be able to demonstrate the ability to lead and develop others. We have developed an effective distributed leadership model, empowering our middle leaders to drive forward school improvement. It is essential that you have a good understanding of the latest research on curriculum development, and the ability to demonstrate whole school impact in your current role. Knowledge of the Science of Learning, including Rosenshine principles, and the ‘mastery’ approach is desirable.
The position is a great opportunity for a leader who wants to grow and develop within a very supportive and effective leadership team.
We are looking for someone who:
• is an outstanding classroom practitioner with high expectations of children’s achievements, attainment and behaviour;
• has a proven track record of impactful leadership and the ability to motivate others;
• has excellent interpersonal skills and is highly experienced in working with parents and the wider community;
• is able to communicate whole school vision at all levels and model a high degree of professionalism;
• will take the lead on whole school events.
Broadlea has much to offer:
• a school at the heart of the wider community, promoting wellbeing for pupils and families alike;
• an enthusiastic and dedicated team of staff and governors, fully committed to our vision that every pupil will leave our school achieving academic success, fully equipped and empowered to embrace their future;
• a leadership team that encourages staff to use their initiative and to actively pursue CPD opportunities, research widely and develop and share their learning with others;
• a unique environment in a great location – an extensive site, with many unique features including Forest School and specialist teaching rooms, situated in a semi-rural area, only a short distance to the local beach, woods and nature conservation areas;
• a fully inclusive Stonewall accredited school.
An informal visit to the school is encouraged and warmly welcomed, either during the school day or after school. In order to keep everyone safe there will be some restrictions in place that may limit interactions with children and other adults.
For further details regarding this vacancy or to arrange a visit, please phone or email Mandy Ringer in our school office, telephone 01983 402403 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Application packs are available on our website: www.broadleaprimary.co.uk
Completed applications should be returned to the school by post or email.
Closing date for applications: 7th May 2021 midday
Shortlisting: 11th May 2021
Lesson Observations: 14th-18th May 2021
Interviews: 20th May 2021
Broadlea Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Appointment to this post is subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check (DBS) as well as other pre-appointment checks outlined in Keeping Children Safe in Education (September 2020).
We are committed to promoting equality of opportunity for all staff and job applicants, and to avoiding unlawful discrimination in employment. We will ensure that we do not discriminate against job applicants on the basis of their protected characteristics.