Vacancy Closed: Sorry, this vacancy is no longer available.
Homelessness Reduction Officer Assistant
County Hall, High Street, Newport
Grade 6, £20,493.00 to £21,748.00 per annum
Contact: Telephone 01983 823134 or email email@example.com if you need further information about applying. Please note only applications completed and submitted online by the closing date will be accepted.
Vacancy Reference: 50056419
Closing Date: 20/09/2021
Interview Date: 30/09/2021
Hours: 37 hours per week
Contract Type: Fixed-Term (12 months from date of appointment)
We are seeking to appoint a Homelessness Reduction Officer Assistant to work alongside our experienced Homelessness Reduction Team. You will be an integral part of a proactive, knowledgeable and experienced team of housing professionals, supporting the council meet its duties under the Homelessness Reduction Act 2017 in preventing homelessness, reducing the use of temporary accommodation and supporting vulnerable individuals to find suitable housing solutions. This role is an exciting opportunity to support the team and provide advice and guidance to the public within the initial contacts to our team.
Job duties and responsibilities will include:
- Undertaking casework, correspondence with households and completing appropriate referrals as identified by Homelessness Reduction Officers.
- Maintaining the current or any subsequent information collating databases being used with household’s records to show an approach for assistance with housing advice and the outcomes of the assistance given ensuring all relevant documentation is stored on the database, handling confidential information in compliance with the organisation's procedures.
- Using multiple IT packages and systems in order to: write letters or emails, perform financial processes, record and analyse data.
The successful candidate will be:
- An excellent communicator
- Passionate and Person-centred in their approach
- Dynamic and creative in seeking solutions and prioritising tasks
- Organised and methodical with a good eye for detail
- Motivated to contribute to Service reviews and processes.
Please visit the Adult Social Care career opportunities page which holds inspiring testimonies from team members, a guide to what the Island offers as well as personal development opportunities we offer.
Team IWC Values:
- Community & Customer focused
- Effective & Efficient
- Working together
- Fair & transparent
We are proud of our commitment to offer:
- Supporting and supervising all our social care workforce
- Providing opportunities for our staff as they develop and progress their professional careers
- Providing regular training opportunities
We are looking forward to receiving your application if you have what it takes to make a difference and share our vision and values.
For further information or an informal discussion, please contact Nikki on 01983 821000 or email Nikki.Whatley-Walsh@iow.gov.uk
This position is also available for a secondment opportunity within the Council.
Find out more about working for the Isle of Wight Council and living on the Island here.
This council and its schools recruit according to the council’s Safer Recruitment policy and are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share in this commitment.
The Isle of Wight Council protects its employees from discrimination, we actively promote the diversity of our workforce and we provide flexible working options (where appropriate) to support the different needs of our employees. The Isle of Wight Council is an equal opportunities employer and is proud to encourage applications from all cultures, backgrounds and abilities to better reflect the diversity within our local community.
In addition to the above, the Isle of Wight Council is a Disability Confident Employer. This means that providing an individual meets the basic essential requirements of the advertised role and have declared themselves as disabled, they will be offered an opportunity for an interview within the council.
Please view information pack and complete your job application online at www.iwight.com/jobvacancies Telephone 01983 823134 or email firstname.lastname@example.org if you need further information about applying. Please note only applications completed and submitted online by the closing date will be accepted.
In the interests of efficiency and economy, no further communication will be sent to you unless you reach the final shortlist. This means that if you do not hear from the recruiting manager within three weeks of the closing date, we regret that your application will not have been successful on this occasion.
Closing Date : 20 September 2021
Interview Date : 30 September 2021