Vacancy Closed: Sorry, this vacancy is no longer available.
Volunteer Co-ordinator Ref: 50067222
County Hall, High Street, Newport
Grade 7, £8,993.11 to £9,543.65 per annum
Contact: Telephone 01983 823134 or email firstname.lastname@example.org if you need further information about applying. Please note only applications completed and submitted online by the closing date will be accepted.
Vacancy Reference: 50067222
Closing Date: 21/01/2022
Hours: 15 hours per week
Contract Type: Permanent
• Manage a team of volunteers under the supervision and oversight of the RAFT Team Manager ensuring the volunteer programme fully complies with and adheres to the Isle of Wight Council and LSCB safeguarding policies and procedures.
• Co-ordinate allocation of work to volunteers, performance management and facilitating difficult conversations as well as agreeing objectives and maintaining motivation.
• Co-ordinate volunteer expenses, monitoring within budget and providing rationale to the manager.
• Work with Learning and Development in developing and delivering a training programme for volunteers, to support good practice and cohesive working.
• To embed a consistent approach to the recruitment of volunteers across Childrens and Families, working in collaboration with colleagues to ensure their practice is consistent and effective.
• To be creative and innovative in seeking resolutions to a variety of situations and challenges by facilitating and enabling others.
• Liaise with internal colleagues and partners in the local community to enhance volunteer recruitment and management whilst maintaining quality.
• To complete monthly supervisions for volunteers to promote reflective learning.
For further information or an informal discussion please contact Ella Davies, RAFT Team Manager, on: 07813998542.
Find out more about working for the Isle of Wight Council and living on the Island here.
The Isle of Wight Council protects its employees from discrimination and this is supported by the Unacceptable Behaviour Policy, Employee Code of Conduct and Behaviours Framework. We actively promote the diversity of our workforce and we provide flexible working options (where appropriate) to support the different needs of our employees.
The Isle of Wight Council is an equal opportunities employer, who is proud to encourage applications from all cultures, backgrounds and abilities to better reflect the diversity within our local community. In addition to this, we are also
a Disability Confident Employer. Along with a number of other areas of commitments, this means that providing you meet the basic essential requirements of the advertised role and have declared yourself as disabled, you will be offered an opportunity for an interview within the council.
This council and its schools recruit according to the council’s Recruitment, Policy and Procedure and are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share in this commitment.
This role falls within the strategic partnership between the Isle of Wight Council and Hampshire County Council. The employer will be the Isle of Wight Council and employment is on Isle of Wight terms and conditions. Hampshire County Council has delivered, on behalf of the Isle of Wight Council, all of its children’s services functions and will continue to do so until 2023. The original five-year partnership arrangement under direction of the Secretary of State finished in 2018 but has been extended voluntarily by both local authorities for a further five years.
The management reporting line for this role is ultimately through Hampshire County Council Children’s Services Director/Assistant Director and managers who take operational responsibility for children’s services.
We often receive a high volume of applicants for our vacancies. If you do not hear from the recruiting manager within three weeks of the closing date, we regret that your application will not have been successful on this occasion. If unsuccessful, we actively encourage you to revisit our job pages and apply to alternate posts that may be suitable.
Closing Date : 21 January 2022