Vacancy Closed: Sorry, this vacancy is no longer available.
Trainee Payments Officer (Debt Recovery) 22.5hrs Ref: 50021243
Customer Accounts, County Hall, Newport / Agile working
Career Graded 4-6, £11,949.32 - £13,456.82 per annum
Vacancy Reference: 50021243
Closing Date: 26/09/2022
Contract Type: Permanent
Hours: 22.5 per week
Do you want to be part of a close knit, friendly and professional team?
Do you enjoy varied and fast paced work?
Would you like 31 days annual leave each year PLUS bank holidays, along with a government pension and a host of staff benefits?
As a Trainee Payments Officer you will be joining a high achieving team responsible for collection and management of debt across the council. You will be required to provide administrative support to the team, Team Leader and other colleagues from across the Council.
As part of this busy, professional team you will be a fantastic communicator, highly organised and have a keen eye for detail. You should have the ability to work under pressure and understand the importance of good customer service, with the ability to prioritise your own workload and work effectively within a team.
Duties will include:
• To undertake a systematic debt recovery process to ensure the prompt collection of monies due to the Council
• Create and utilise Aged Debt Reports for use through recovery processes
• Carry-out allocation of payments and credits against debtor invoices
• Complete civil litigation instruction sheets for debtors where recovery procedures have been exhausted
• Liaise with relevant service departments to support the administration of Debt
• To contribute through active participation in reviews of payments team procedures, team meetings and other working groups as appropriate (System development, safeguarding meetings, meetings with legal etc)
The successful applicant will need to demonstrate:
- Strong verbal communication skills – able to liaise at all levels
- Demonstrable team working skills
- Excellent word processing and numeracy skills
- A good eye for detail and a meticulous approach to workloads
- The ability to work to strict deadlines in a performance driven environment
A minimum qualification of A Levels / NVQ Level 3 Business & Administration / or equivalent are required.
For further information or an informal discussion, please contact Callum Arnott on 01983 821000 ext. 6595.
Find out more about working for the Isle of Wight Council and living on the Island here.
A relocation scheme of up to £8,000 is available to new employees subject to qualifying criteria. Further details are available upon request.
The Isle of Wight Council protects its employees from discrimination and this is supported by the Unacceptable Behaviour Policy, Employee Code of Conduct and Behaviours Framework. We actively promote the diversity of our workforce and we provide flexible working options (where appropriate) to support the different needs of our employees.
The Isle of Wight Council is an equal opportunities employer, who is proud to encourage applications from all cultures, backgrounds and abilities to better reflect the diversity within our local community. In addition to this, we are also a Disability Confident Employer. Along with a number of other areas of commitments, this means that providing you meet the basic essential requirements of the advertised role and have declared yourself as disabled, you will be offered an opportunity for an interview within the council.
Telephone 01983 823134 or email email@example.com if you need further information about applying. Please note only applications completed and submitted online by the closing date will be accepted.
We often receive a high volume of applicants for our vacancies. If you do not hear from the recruiting manager within three weeks of the closing date, we regret that your application will not have been successful on this occasion. If unsuccessful, we actively encourage you to revisit our job pages and apply to alternate posts that may be suitable.
Closing Date: 26th September 2022