A great opportunity has arisen for 2 Environment Officers to join our busy team. To provide a uniformed presence in designated patrol areas of the Isle of Wight, to protect and enhance the Public Realm.
This role will include area inspections, monitoring and enforcement activities to help provide a safe and well-kept environment.
Areas of inspection include:
· Play facilities within local authority parks
· Integrated grounds maintenance contract (parks and cemeteries)
· Parks, beaches, and slipways cleaning contracts
· Waste management and other corporate contracts as required
The ideal candidate will be:
· Confident and demonstrate good negotiation, persuasion, and assertive skills, have practical knowledge of a range of procedures and specialist equipment to support clients/businesses.
· Ability to think creatively and work collaboratively.
· Good organisation skills and excellent communication skills both written and oral.
· Proven ability to priorities own workload and achieve deadlines.
As well as being a great place to work we also offer some additional incentives to those willing to commute to the island:
· Local and national staff discounts & benefits scheme
· Solent ferry travel discounts via Red Funnel, Wightlink & Hover travel
· Island bus network discount
· Staff parking permit scheme
· Discounted island sports & leisure gym membership
· Contribution to commuting cost
For further information or an informal discussion, please contact Iain Donald Public Realms Manager at 07815 000373.
Find out more about working for the Isle of Wight Council and living on the Island here.
A relocation scheme of up to £8,000 is available to new employees subject to qualifying criteria. Further details are available upon request.
The Isle of Wight Council protects its employees from discrimination and this is supported by the Unacceptable Behaviour Policy, Employee Code of Conduct and Behaviours Framework. We actively promote the diversity of our workforce and we provide flexible working options (where appropriate) to support the different needs of our employees.
The Isle of Wight Council is an equal opportunities employer, who is proud to encourage applications from all cultures, backgrounds and abilities to better reflect the diversity within our local community. In addition to this, we are also a Disability Confident Employer. Along with a number of other areas of commitments, this means that providing you meet the basic essential requirements of the advertised role and have declared yourself as disabled, you will be offered an opportunity for an interview within the council.
This council and its schools recruit according to the council’s Recruitment, Policy and Procedure and are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share in this commitment.
If you have difficulty completing your online application or if you need further information about how to apply, telephone 01983 823134 or email email@example.com. Please note only applications completed and submitted online by the closing date will be accepted.
We often receive a high volume of applicants for our vacancies. If you do not hear from the recruiting manager within three weeks of the closing date, we regret that your application will not have been successful on this occasion. If unsuccessful, we actively encourage you to revisit our job pages and apply to alternate posts that may be suitable.