May half term 2023
Clay Days at Newport Roman Villa
Clay Days are back this May half term on Wednesday 31 May and Friday 2 June. Entry is £1 per person.
Get more information on the Newport Roman Villa web page.
Isle of Wight Libraries
- Elmer Day Elephant craft and story, Saturday 27 May 11am to 12pm (suitable for 5+ with help from parent/guardian. It’s a bit messy!)
- Mega Lego! Wednesday 31 May drop in 1pm to 4pm
- Fun Day Friday! Children’s board game spectacular, Friday 2 June, drop in 10am to 4pm
- Storytime (ages 3-8), Saturday 3 June 11am to 11.30am
- Chess! Casual chess for all ages. Come and play or learn from others. All children must be accompanied by adult throughout. Tuesday 30 May 2pm to 5pm.
- Half-term Activity Day, Saturday 3 June (All children must be accompanied by an adult) :
- Children's Games Club with a variety of fun games to play 10.30am to 12pm
- Casual Chess for all ages 10am to 2pm. Come and play chess or learn from others.
- Junior Colouring Club special. 2pm to 4pm Come and enjoy some colouring-in, drawing and being creative with pencils and pens. All materials provided.
- Craft session; Make a rainbow fish! Saturday 27 May drop in 11am to12pm (suitable for 5+)
- Lego and Duplo Club, every Saturday 2pm to 3pm
- Children’s Scavenger Hunt. Pop in during half term to collect your scavenger hunt form. The first 30 forms returned by 10 June will win a prize!
- Sow a seed for summer! During half term every child (age 3 to 12) to borrow a book will take home sunflower seeds to plant!
- Story time, Tuesday 30 May drop in 10am to 10.30am
- Duplo, Tuesday 30 May drop in 11am to 4pm (closed for lunch 12.30pm to 1.30pm)
- Lego, Wednesday 31 May drop in 10am to 4pm (closed for lunch 12.30pm to 1.30pm)
- Craft activity, Wednesday 31 May drop in 2pm to 4pm (closed for lunch 12.30pm to 1.30pm)
- Rhyme Time, Friday 2 June 10am to 10.30am
- Lego, every Saturday drop in 10am to 12pm
- Rhymetime, Thursday 1 June 10.30am to11am
- Lego Club, Saturday 3 June 11am to 12pm
- Kiddy Cat Fun! Story, talk and activities by Cats Protection, Saturday 3 June 2om to 3.30pm. Free drop-in for ages 3 to12.
Other free and low cost things to do
The Museum of Island History is open on Tuesdays and Thursdays, 10am to 1pm. £1 for adults and 50p for children.
Newport Roman Villa will be open 3 April to 30
September 2023 on Monday, Wednesdays and Friday 10.30am to 2.30pm (last entry). In
July and August Newport Roman Villa will open Monday to Saturday.
£4.50 for adults, £3 for children, £12.50 for a family ticket.
This blog from Visit Isle of Wight has some great ideas for free things to do on the Island.
Until 31 October 2023, single fares are £2 on Southern Vectis buses.
Join the Isle of Wight Cost of Living Support Group on Facebook and check out the ideas from other Islanders.
There's lots more information about support with the cost of living on our website, including accessing food, help with your mental health, keeping energy bills down and more.
Holidays and Food club - next available in the summer holidays
Free activities and a hot meal for Island children who are eligible for free school meals. Activities are for school children from reception up to age 16. Benefits-related
free school meals are available to pupils if their parents get one of the
qualifying benefits. Before you apply for an activity, check your child is eligible on the Isle of Wight Council website.
Information about future activities coming soon.
Mental health and well-being training courses
This short face to face or online course aims to help you understand what happens when you experience poor mental health and how to support yourself and others.
More information and booking details are on this web page.