Early Years business support
All registered nurseries, pre-schools and childminders have access to the Early Years Advisory Team who can offer support and advice. Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Business support tools and guidance
Whether you are starting a new childcare business or need to make some changes to your existing provision, having the right tools to help can make all the difference. In this section we have created a number of resources and have provided links to organisations and business tools that can help.
Sure Start information guides for planning and running your business:
Starting out in childcare
Different types of childcare
The different types of childcare available to you are as listed below.
- Childminder Agencies (CMA)
- Day Nursery
- Emergency Childcare
- Holiday Play scheme
- Nursery School or Class
- Out of School Club
- Pre School
- Parent and Toddler Group
Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS)
More information and support
There are other organisations that can offer guidance and support:
- National Day Nurseries Association provide support for NDA members, information and advice, childcare training and a quality improvement scheme, e-Quality Counts
- Early Years Alliance is an early years membership organisation and voluntary sector provider of quality affordable childcare and education in England and provides support to EYA members, information and advice, publications and childcare training
- Business Smart is funded by the DfE and provides ideas, inspiration and tools to help new and existing childcare practitioners develop and maintain a sustainable business
- PACEY offers support and guidance to deliver high standards of care and learning
- Coram Family and Childcare focuses on childcare and early years to make a difference to families' lives now and in the long term
- DfE has advice, examples and resources to help early years providers run a sustainable childcare business support for early years providers of all sizes to build sustainable and successful businesses and help them access the business support they need.