Employment and apprenticeships
Isle of Wight jobs
- View jobs with the Isle of Wight Council
- View advertised jobs on the Isle of Wight County Press website
- View job vacancies on Isle of Wight Jobs.com website.
An apprenticeship could be your answer!
As an apprentice you will:
- Earn a salary and get paid holidays;
- Receive training in job specific skills;
- Gain qualifications recognised by employers across the country.
Register then click ‘search for vacancies’. It’s simple to use. You can set up a favourite search and choose text alert or email alert to find out when the opportunities you are interested in go on the system.
- There are a wide range of different Apprenticeship vacancies.
- Wages start at a minimum of £5.28 per hour for those aged 19 and under, but many employers pay more. You must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for your age if you’re an apprentice aged 19 or over and have completed your first year.
- Applying is easy, the application form is simple, secure and re-usable, so you can respond to up to 10 vacancies at any one time.
Help with your CV
The idea of writing a CV is quite daunting but please don't fret, there is lots of help available out there. It's so important to take your time when writing a CV because it will be the first impression that a potential employer will have of you. You can view an example of a CV (PDF, 2 pages, 750KB). Make sure that you check your CV for spelling and grammar before using it to apply for a job.
View details about the differences between skills, qualities and duties (PDF, 599KB, 1 page).
Visit the following websites to help support the creation of your CV: