Appeal your Council Tax band or bill
Appeal your property band
If your home is already in band A, the VOA will not reduce the band further.
You can make a challenge within six months of:
- becoming a new council taxpayer
- the VOA notifying you that your banding has changed
- your property being demolished
- substantial changes happening in your local area that have affected your properties value.
You still must pay Council Tax if you make a challenge. If your challenge is successful, then you will get a refund.
Appeal your Council Tax bill
If you think your Council Tax bill is wrong, tell us immediately. For example, if:
- you have claimed a discount or exemption which was refused
- you think your bill has been calculated incorrectly
- you think you’re not responsible for paying tax because you are not an owner or occupier of the billed property.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org to appeal your bill. The decision will be looked at again and if not changed, you have the right to appeal the decision with the Valuation Tribunal Service.