Energy Company Obligation ECO4
What is ECO4?
The ECO4 scheme is a government funded scheme that helps to make some homes more energy efficient.
Who is the ECO4 scheme for?
ECO4 aims to help low income, fuel poor and vulnerable people reduce their home heating costs and improve the energy efficiency of their homes. It is for properties in Council Tax band D to G.
The support could include:
- Installing insulation
- Installing renewable energy sources
- Connection to a district heating connection (this is where heating comes to your house from a central source via hot water pipes)
- Upgrading inefficient heating systems
The scheme ends on 31 March 2026.
How to qualify for ECO4
Householders who receive specific benefits or are in receipt of Child Benefit and are below the equivalised income threshold for the household composition can qualify for ECO4.
The eligible benefits under ECO4 are:
- Income based Jobseekers Allowance (JSA)
- Income related Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- Income Support (IS)
- Pension Credit Guarantee Credit (PCGC)
- Working Tax Credit (WTC)
- Child Tax Credit (CTC)
- Universal Credit (UC)
- Housing Benefit
- Pension Credit Savings Credit (PCSC)
- Child Benefit
How to find out more and apply for ECO4
There are different ways to get more information:
- Contact The Footprint Trust. They can talk to you about different energy saving schemes. Their phone number is 01983 822282.
- You can contact your energy supplier and ask if they have a scheme running on the Isle of Wight.
- You can also contact one of these companies who have been approved by the Isle of Wight Council:
Great British Insulation Scheme
Families in lower council tax bands with less energy efficient homes that don't qualify for the ECO4 scheme may still be eligible for an upgrade like roof, loft or cavity insulation. You can use the online checker for the Great British Insulation Scheme to find out if you are eligible.