Make a complaint

We like to think that our adult social care services are always helpful, and we are achieving our goals. But if things go wrong, we aim to put them right quickly.

To make an informal complaint is easy, and your voice will be heard. However, when we are unable to resolve the situation with you informally, your complaint will follow the formal adult social care statutory complaints procedure. For more information, see our compliments, feedback, and complaints guide (PDF, 123KB).

Help with your complaint

If you require advocacy support to make your complaint, we can advise how to get help from an independent agency. A friend, relative, carer or support worker can also assist you to make your complaint.

How to make your complaint

The ways you can make your complaint heard with the Adult Social Care Complaints Team:

  • complete and send the Make a complaint online form
  • you can email
  • you can call us
  • you can make a face-to-face appointment
  • you can write a complaint letter.

Your complaint should include: 

  • your contact details, including your full name, address, phone number, and email address 
  • which adult social care service your complaint is about
  • tell us what has happened, giving dates, events and who was involved  
  • tell us your suggestion of how we can put things right
  • any supporting information, including documentation.

Postal address for your complaint and supporting documents:

Adult Social Care Complaints
Isle of Wight Council
County Hall, High Street
Newport PO30 1UD.

What happens next

We will acknowledge receipt of your complaint within three working days and aim to send a full response within 25 working days from the agreement of your statement of complaint.

If you are unhappy with the outcome of your complaint, you can ask the Local Government and Social Care Ombudsman to review your complaint.