Our libraries provide a service for library users to download audio books for free.
There is a wide range of eAudiobooks to choose from on the BorrowBox website and app. You can listen to your books on your computer, smartphone, or tablet for free.
You need to join the library to access the eAudiobook service. If you haven't got a library card, you can join at the library, or join online on the library website. If you don't know your PIN, contact any library or phone Library HQ on 01983 823824 during normal office hours.
View the eAudiobooks and eBooks we have available. Some of the convenient benefits of using this service are:
- unabridged eAudiobooks
- available 24/7 without having to go anywhere
- favourite authors and bestsellers
- BorrowBox app is available on IOS, Android and Kindle Fire
- you can download up to four eAudiobooks and eight eBooks at a time and they are on loan to you to use for three weeks. They can be returned earlier if you choose.
How to get started
This service is very easy to use. If you are using a Kindle Fire you will need to follow the instructions on the BorrowBox website, then follow these simple instructions:
- install the app on your device from your app store
- open the app
- select Isle of Wight Libraries as your library service
- enter your library card number and PIN when requested
- select your books.
Additional eAudiobooks available on Libby
Most of our eAudiobooks are available from BorrowBox, but some additional titles are available on the Libby app.
Follow these instructions to use Libby:
- download the Libby app from your app store, and then install it, or access it from your computer
- when the installation is complete, open the app
- say "yes" when asked if you have a library card
- type "Isle of Wight" and wait until the app finds Isle of Wight Libraries. Select it
- when prompted, add your library card number and then your PIN.
- click "sign in".