Enjoy your favourite magazines on your computer, smartphone, or tablet device. There is a wide variety of magazines to choose from, including news, hobby, sport and lifestyle magazines. More online magazines are available from PressReader (our eNewspaper service).
Some of the benefits are:
- it is free to all library members
- available 24/7 without having to go anywhere
- you can download and read content offline
- a lot of popular eMagazines to choose from
- dedicated Apple and Android apps.
Access eMagazines through PressReader
PressReader also offers a wide range of magazines from across the world, including Vogue, Empire, Focus, Gardener’s World, Closer, and thousands of others.
If you are accessing the PressReader website from one of the public computers in the library, it will recognise that you are an Isle of Wight Library customer and allow you to access the full range of magazines and newspapers without logging in further.
To use the service when away from the library:
- download the PressReader app from your app store, or go to the PressReader website
- on the website, click "sign in" and select "library and group". Then search for Isle of Wight Libraries, select it, and sign in with your library card number and PIN
- on the app, click "sign in" and select the library card icon. Search for Isle of Wight Libraries, select it, then sign in with your library card number and PIN
- Once you are logged in, you will stay signed in for 30 days; after 30 days, simply log in again with your library card number.
For more information on how to use the eNewspaper service, download the PressReader user guide.
Access eMagazines and graphic novels through the Libby app
You will need an Isle of Wight library card to access this service. If you haven't got a library card, you can join in any library, or join online on the library website. If you don't know your PIN, contact any library or call Library HQ on 01983 823824 during normal office hours.
- Download the Libby app from your usual app store, and then install it
- When the installation is complete, click open
- Say "yes" when asked if you have a library card
- Type "Isle of Wight" and wait until the app finds Isle of Wight Libraries. Select this by pressing on its name.
- When prompted, add your library card number and then your PIN.
- Press "sign in" and you are now signed in to the Libby app and can use it to borrow and read magazines.
- You can search for magazine by title, or else browse the selection. When you borrow a magazine, it will be downloaded to your device and you can keep it for up to 3 weeks. Magazines are automatically returned after three weeks, but you can return them earlier if you wish.
If you have any problems while using the app, click on the Libby icon on the bottom of the screen, then select "Get some help."