Paper and card recycling
We recycle your paper, cardboard and card. This goes in:
- your black insert if you have a recycling (green) bin
- your blue reusable sack if you have a reusable sack collection
- your communal paper and card bin.
If you have extra paper or card recycling that does not fit in your recycling container, you can bag it separately in a clear or white bag and place it at your collection point beside your recycling container.
Flatten and bundle any large extra cardboard together and place it at your collection point next to your recycling container.
Before recycling, remove:
- all sticky tape, which goes in your general waste bin or reusable sack
- any paper or card that has oil or food residue and place in your general waste bin (to prevent contamination of your paper and card recycling).
What these recyclables include
- Envelopes (including envelopes with windows)
- Junk mail
- Phone directories (including Yellow Pages)
- Printer paper
- Shredded paper
- Writing paper
- Wrapping paper (no glitter or foil, as these cannot be recycled and must be placed in your general waste bin) or reusable sack
- Cereal boxes
- Corrugated cardboard
- Greetings cards (no glitter/ribbons as these cannot be recycled and must be placed in your general waste bin or reusable sack
- Toilet roll and kitchen towel tubes
- Tissue boxes
- Tea bag boxes
- Cardboard coffee takeaway cups, rinsed, with lid removed. Put lid into your mixed recycling bin or reusable sack.