Waste service status updates
Service status updates
25.10.2323: Waste trucks have been deployed this morning as usual, however due to the amount of rainfall and flooding there may be some delays to collections today.
Bank Holiday Collections
Over the August bank holiday there will be:
- no changes to your waste collection service for Monday 28 August 2023;
- no change to all waste and recycling collections due the week commencing 28 August 2023;
- no change to recycling centres opening hours over Monday 28 August 2023 – please book your trip as usual in advance here . You can check opening times on our website
- No changes to bulky waste and reuse collections
We do ask that residents place their waste or recycling out early as normal by 7am on Monday 28 August 2023.
Amey logo de-brand update
During August 2023, the Amey logo will start to be removed on PPE worn by collection crew.
This will be replaced by a logo stating Isle of Wight Council Waste Services.
The Amey logo will also be removed from the collection vehicles.
Our waste service provider will be covering the Amey logo on residents’ bins who have not yet applied the stickers.
Please note, you do not need to do anything if you are:
- on the assisted collection service
- use a communal bin store
- a trade waste customer, or
- on the garden waste service
Your collection crews have been placing stickers on your waste receptacles for you, as part of their collection rounds.
The cost of the Amey de-brand sits with our waste service provider. This is because the parent company of our waste service provider has sold its Amey UK interests but has kept its UK waste service contracts.
As a result, our waste service provider can no longer use or display the Amey logo.
This will not affect waste collection services in any way – it will still be the same crew delivering the same service in the same collection trucks.
During April and May you
will receive your annual residents recycling and waste booklet and calendars.
You will also receive bin stickers for your waste receptacles. Find out more about bin stickers.