Giving notice

To give notice you will need to book an appointment with us. You may book your ceremony up to two years in advance, but you cannot give notice of your intention to marry or form a civil partnership more than one year in advance. You must give notice at least 29 days before your ceremony. To give notice you need to provide us with certain documents.

Each person giving notice pays a statutory fee of £42.00. This fee must be paid at the time of your appointment and can be paid via debit or credit card.

If you are subject to immigration control your statutory fee may be higher, depending on the circumstances.

Email for advice.